Field of Application
This tool is perfect for drive diagnosis, password resetting, wiping, cloning/imaging
of smaller drives or retrieval of smaller amounts of data. For bigger amount of data
(bigger modern drives) you need to consider some time for cloning or copying.
For a higher number of drives with bigger capacities / data volumes, we suggest
one of the other tools:
Atola Bandura, Atola Imager or Atola Insight Forensic.
- very unique cloning tool for USB 2.0 connection to host PC
- easily to use, even from non technicians
- clone drives even with defect sectors (as long as a drive is accessible)
- supports 1x SATA (also SSD), IDE source drive
- supports 1 x target port (internal/external) of host PC
- create a 100% 1:1 clone with one cloning operation - multiple passes possible
- file/folder retrieval from:
NTFS (all versions), Ext 2/3/4, HFS, HFS+, HFSX, ExFAT, FAT16, FAT32
- reset the hdd password of a drive (supported drive list)
- supports (tested) SATA adapters for modern storage (SSD), i.e. SD Card,
mSATA, M.2 NGFF, MacBook, Zenbook, Lenovo Carbon Ultrabook etc.
- write protection for the source drive
- hash calculation for source + target drive while cloning
possible standards: MD5, SHA1, SHA224, SHA256, SHA384, SHA512
- create .img image file to any int./extern. drive of the host PC
- for smaller drives try to retrieve data from original, otherwise clone the defect
drive and retrieve data directly from the clone.
if a clone doesn’t show partitions and/or data, use a data recovery software
to surch and retrieve files + folders.
- create + write .img image files to any int./ext. drive of the host PC
- create clones of all original raid drives
- mark the original drives + the corresponding clones with the position number
where inserted in the raid hardware
- if the original raid hardware is working properly, replace all original drives with
a corresponding clone and then try to rebuild the raid with
the on board solution (if exist) of the raid hardware
- if that doesn’t work, connect the clones in its correct order to a PC and try to
retrieve the data with a special raid data recovery software.
Computer + Laptop Repair service
- all above points for Data- and Raid Recovery + Forensics
plus repair of defect Windows systems caused from defect drives:
- create two 1:1 clones of the defect drive
- use one of the new clone drives to replace the old defect drive and start the computer.
If that doesn’t work, try to start the laptop manufacturers Windows recovery, otherwise
install an OEM Windows (corresponding to the license type) + drivers.
Finally copy the customers data from the 2nd clone to the recovered Windows system.
- If the clone doesn’t show partitions or data, you need to use a data recovery software
to surch and retrieve the customers data.